- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in rosemary and remaining butter until blended. Serve sauce with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Rosemary Butter Sauce
Sort By :
We served this when we had friends over, it was a bug success. My husband (world's pickiest eater)'s only problem was the "texture of the rosemary", so he picked it out. Other than that, would do again.
My whole family loved this dish! The sauce was too thin, but next time I will try putting some Arrowroot in to thicken it up more.
I wish I didn't love this recipe so much, as I know its unhealthy! Its just so easy, and fast! This is my go to recipe when I'm at the store trying to figure out what to cook for tonight's dinner because I can always remember the ingredients off the top of my head. I use Chicken Tenders instead of breasts, because I've never been good at pan-frying breasts without burning the outsides. Its great with bread to sop up the excess sauce and some steamed broccoli or green beans.
Quick, easy, and especially good. My family gave it 5*'s so we'll make this often. My husband loves cutting back the rosemary bush too.
I doubled the sauce and we had it over steamed potatoes and carrots too! The whole family loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >