Chicken Tortilla Chowder Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the broth, soups and milk. Stir in the chicken, corn, mushrooms, chilies and onions. Bring to a boil. Add the tortilla strips. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Add cheese; stir just until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken Tortilla Chowder
Sort By :
Very hearty. Family loved it.
Very good! Added a little taco seasoning for more mexican flavor, skipped the mushrooms to please the youngsters.
This soup is okay for a base, but didn't taste Mexican enough for me. To make it my own I added a bit of canned tomato soup, a package of quick cooking Mexican rice (Rice Sides brand), and a small amount of some Chipotle marinade dry mix that I had. Used frozen sweet corn since that's what I had, and a small bit of chili powder to spice it up. Topped with crumbled chips and sour cream!
Really good soup! It tastes best after it sits a couple of hours. I just make the soup without adding the tortillas and let it cool. Just before serving, I add the tortillas and reheat it. It gets a lot more flavor this way.
This is a very good chowder, I think next time I will add a little heat by adding slices of jalepenos.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chicken Tortilla Soup >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >