- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- In a saucepan, bring the broth, onion and celery to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; add chicken, tortillas, soup, chilies, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with salsa and remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Sort By :
"Made this for dinner tonight. Very good flavor. I left out the celery because I am not a fan of it. I will fix it with tortilla chips instead of the flour tortilla shells next time the flour tortilla get mushy. My 15 yr old daughter 6 out of 10 primarily because of the tortilla shells."
"This is a good recipe which my family and I like."
"Tried this today made several additions #1 I added a pkg of Taco Seasoning, 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn, 1 Can Black Beans Rinsed, I used Tortilla Chips instead of Flour Tortillas served it with extra Green Chile's and Sour Cream it was excellent!!"
"As a "not-so-healthy" splurge meal, I was a bit disappointed as this dish wasn't super impressive. Good for one meal, but not a "keeper" recipe."
"I am a young wife and mother, and I'm always looking for different recipes to try. I came across this one today and tried it. My family absolutely loved it!! I sent a picture to my mom and she wants the recipe!! I altered a little bit though. I didn't use celery; I used more chicken broth and more cheese; I didn't use chiles; and I didn't quite measure anything... I just kept adding stuff until I though it looked right... Thank you!!"