Chicken Rice Dish Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch diagonal pieces)
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, asparagus, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet and 2 tablespoons butter. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and salt in remaining butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the carrot, lemon juice, garlic and lemon peel if desired; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender. Stir into rice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Dish(1)
Sort By :
I have made this dish twice already, and I doubled it both times so I could have leftovers for the next night. It's a delicious way to work in asparagus so that it's more appealing to kids. It's very easy to make, and I love the colors in it...it is very visually appealing. The touch of lemon is a nice twist. We liked it very much and will definitely make it again!
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >