Chicken Marsala Lasagna Recipe
I love Chicken Marsala, but most recipes do not serve a crowd. This version is one I invented and make enough for 12 people.Debbie Shannon, Ringgold, Georgia
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup marsala wine, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- Combine 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and salt; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in mushrooms; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tender.
- Stir in the broth, 1/2 cup wine and pepper; bring to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and remaining wine until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, Italian cheese blend, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs and remaining Italian seasoning. Spread 1 cup chicken mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, about 3/4 cup chicken mixture and about 1 cup ricotta mixture. Repeat layers three times.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Marsala Lasagna in Easy Italian Cookbook 2013
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chicken Marsala Lasagna(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Lasagna >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Marsala >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >