- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander and half of the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and remaining chilies.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchiladas for Four
Sort By :
"My grandkids loved this. The first time I made this, I rolled the tortillas as directed, Second time I layered the tortillas with rest of ingredients after cutting them in half. Used corn tortillas instead of flour. Will make again and again!"
"Very good and quick. Freezes well."
"OMG- Loved this recipe and my family loved it too! Will be making this again. Thank You for the recipe."
"Zippy and tasty. Easy to prepare. I reduced the cheese just a bit to accommodate my diet, but we didn't miss it. Husband thought it was great. I'll make it again."