Chicken Enchiladas for Four Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander and half of the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and remaining chilies.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchiladas for Four
Sort By :
I made this for dinner last week and it was nice and simple and delicious! My family liked them and I had a ton left over (I had enough filling 18 enchiladas) so I froze them. I will probably substitute cumin for the coriander next time and I also agree with other reviewers that it's nice that the sauce didn't contain a can of soup like so many other recipes.
I doubled the recipe to make for my family last weekend and they loved them. I have Crohn's disease and can't eat overly spicy food. This was just right, not too spicy.
This was very, very good and very easy! I used corn tortillas instead of flour because we do like them better and used cumin instead of coriander. I agree with the comment that it's nice it doesn't call for any soup. I had some fajita chicken breasts that I cooked and shredded which gave it even more of a spicy flavor . Very yummy. This will be one of our favorites . . . thank you for a great recipe!
Delicious and easy to make. My husband loved the taste and it was not too spicy.
this is a family favorite. It's fast and easy and my 5 guys from 7-34 all ask for this almost weekly, I like it just the way it is...
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >