Chicken Enchiladas for Four Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander and half of the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and remaining chilies.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchiladas for Four
Sort By :
"Zippy and tasty. Easy to prepare. I reduced the cheese just a bit to accommodate my diet, but we didn't miss it. Husband thought it was great. I'll make it again."
"I made the recipe Saturday night for dinner and my husband loved it. I made 8, saved four for another meal; two for dinner and had two for lunch on Sunday. I used cumin. Still great. This is a keeper."
"My family loves this for dinner. However I do use cumin in it instead of coriander. And I also make a little more of the sauce and pour over the top of the enchiladas then shredded cheese. Always a big hit."
"I made this for dinner last week and it was nice and simple and delicious! My family liked them and I had a ton left over (I had enough filling 18 enchiladas) so I froze them. I will probably substitute cumin for the coriander next time and I also agree with other reviewers that it's nice that the sauce didn't contain a can of soup like so many other recipes."
"I doubled the recipe to make for my family last weekend and they loved them. I have Crohn's disease and can't eat overly spicy food. This was just right, not too spicy."