Facebook fans of my blog, Chef in Training, inspired me to make this creamy pasta casserole out of ingredients I had on hand. Success! I took the dish for another flavorful spin and added a bit of smoky bacon and toasted bread crumbs. —Nikki Barton, Providence, Utah
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- Drain pasta; stir in chicken, bacon and ham. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta in Taste of Home September/October 2013, pjls
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review