Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, bacon, ham and pasta. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Sort By :
"The original recipe I am sure is great, but I lightened it up by using light cream, light cream cheese and Canadian bacon. I don't really measure the pasta so I just added what I thought would go well with the amount of sauce, also just threw in chicken, the ham and canadian bacon to what I thought looked good! My family enjoyed it and I loved the creamy sauce, I will make this again and bring it to a friend's house for them to enjoy!"
"this was very good- I'd definitely make it again."
"This was great my husband loved it he is hard to please. Added some chicken broth sauce was a little dry. Also added a cup of peas and carrots .will make again."
"I really liked this and so easy! Husband did not care for the stuffing thought it might be better with out."
"Great recipe! The family loved it. Next time I will double the sauce."