Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, bacon, ham and pasta. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Sort By :
The original recipe I am sure is great, but I lightened it up by using light cream, light cream cheese and Canadian bacon. I don't really measure the pasta so I just added what I thought would go well with the amount of sauce, also just threw in chicken, the ham and canadian bacon to what I thought looked good! My family enjoyed it and I loved the creamy sauce, I will make this again and bring it to a friend's house for them to enjoy!
this was very good- I'd definitely make it again.
This was great my husband loved it he is hard to please. Added some chicken broth sauce was a little dry. Also added a cup of peas and carrots .will make again.
I really liked this and so easy! Husband did not care for the stuffing thought it might be better with out.
Great recipe! The family loved it. Next time I will double the sauce.