- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat cream and cream cheese over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper until blended.
- Drain pasta; stir in chicken, bacon and ham. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Sort By :
"I made this casserole and doubled it to feed 12 people. Nothing was left in the pans after the meal. Everyone raved about it! I was actually disappointed that there were no leftovers. I made it exactly as printed, except I used half and half instead of heavy whipping cream, and to save time I used frozen cooked grilled chicken strips, and instead of cooking bacon, I used a jar of Real Bacon Bits. No one knew the difference and it was delicious! This recipe is a keeper."
"Yay! This looks great! And, I am so excited to see a recipe on this site from right here in our happy valley! I live not far from providence. Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing. =)"
"My husband and son LOVE mac n cheese -- and this definitely takes it to the next level. Delicious. But I'm with the others: If you're watching calories, sodium, cholesterol, carbs, or any combination -- this recipe is NOT for you! But you can lighten it up, as others did -- with the lighter cream and cream cheese -- the Canadian bacon and maybe even leave the bacon out. Although the bacon was my favorite part!! Thanks for this!"
"Tastes good but OMG 826 calories! Definately need to switch out the heavy whipping cream and cream cheese for a basic light alfredo sauce to reduce those calories."