Chicken Brunswick Stew Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen lima beans, thawed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a stockpot, melt butter. Add onions; saute until tender. Stir in 5 cups broth, chicken, corn, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, celery, water, herbs and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 14 servings (1-1/2 cups each).
Originally published as Brunswick Stew in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Brunswick Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review