- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each medium green, yellow and sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, garlic, cornstarch, ginger and cayenne pepper. Add chicken; stir to coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium. Add peppers and water; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Peppers
Sort By :
it was good, not out standing.
Thid is absolutely delicious
I did not have cayenne pepper in my spice cupboard so I omitted it, and made it a little more kid friendly. I loved the flavor and consistency of the sauce: not too thin and not too thick