- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, red pepper and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle each serving with cilantro. Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Sort By :
i only had bag stir fry vegetables on hand and i didn't add much of the additional salt, even tho soy sauce is low sodium, i'm not used to salty..it was decent...i agree with the one star person tho...it smelled really good but i didn't think it had alot of taste to it, other than i could taste the heat from the red pepper...it was not bad tho..i'm not a great cook to know what to add but i think i'd add more garlic first..oh and i didn't use cilantro, i always associate that with mexican dishes and my boyfriend doesn't like its flavor..he liked the dish tho...it was healthy and it used my chicken up.
This is a great recipe...lots of vegies and chicken with a nice light sauce. Did not have to change a thing. My family loved it!
This is a great recipe...lots of vegies and chicken with a nice light sauce. My family loved it!
YUM! Left out the cauliflowerets (didn't have any on hand) and used a green pepper instead of a red one and didn't use cilantro. Great way to eat a lot of healthy veggies!
Way better than the store-bought mixes! And all of the ingredients are on hand! I used whatever veggies I had in the fridge added more garlic (of course!) The only thing is, I tried the cilantro at the end and it just didn't go with the dish. We moved and miss our old home-town take-out. This makes up for it!