- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle over dough. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until onion is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt, fennel seed and garlic powder.
- Spoon over mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 slices.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicago-Style Pan Pizza
Sort By :
"Very good. Not as heavy as a pizza as I expected. We left out the fennel seed because it is not one of our favorites. Will definitely make again."
"Very good and filling. I used 1/2 ground chuck and 1/2 mild Italian sausage. Make sure you drain the tomatoes really good, or you'll have water standing on top of the pizza."
"My husband is in Afghanistan currently. He is a huge pizzaholic! I'm excited to make this for him when he comes home. It was excellent! Experimenting w/ toppings will be fun! :)"
"I have made this 3 times and now and it is wonderful. Very easy to make and you can even mix it up a little with the toppings. Will be making this for years to come!"
"Verry Good! My hubby loved it and wants me to put it on my "cook often" list. I had a hard time getting the dough to spread, any suggestions?"