Chewy Cranberry Pecan Bars Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites, milk, orange peel, vanilla and remaining flour and sugar. Fold in the cranberries, coconut and remaining pecans. Spread over warm crust. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Cranberry Pecan Bars(2)
Sort By :
I made these today hoping to give out to some friends. They were very good, I love the flavor combination of the cranberries and orange zest. However I was not able to give to friends because I could not get them out of the pan. They were not burnt, I tried to loosen them around the edges but I could not get them out in a neat cut like the picture. Next time I may try spritzing the pan with cooking spray or using parchment paper. Any suggestions appreciated
My husband liked them so well, he keeps asking me when we will have them again. I will make these again.