Chewy Cranberry Pecan Bars Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites, milk, orange peel, vanilla and remaining flour and sugar. Fold in the cranberries, coconut and remaining pecans. Spread over warm crust. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until top is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Cranberry Pecan Bars
Sort By :
"I made this for a family Christmas gathering on Dec. 15 2013 it was a big hit. Everyone raved about it and asked for the recipe which I gladly shared. I reduced the sugar a bit and it is still very sweet, next time I will reduce the sugar again. You need to watch them rather closely and judge the doneness/browning. I had no difficulty getting them out of the pan and used a pizza wheel to divide them, it worked very well.I highly recommend this easy delicious recipe."
"These cookies had a nice flavor and were not too sweet. They did not look exactly like the photo, which appears to have much more coconut on top of the cookies. I had to bake mine about 10 minutes more than the recipe said. They were more brown just at the edges and the edge pieces were a bit hard to get out of the pan, but were not at all too dark. The rest of the pieces came out of the pan easily. Using a serrated knife helps when cutting them. Save yourself some time and chop the cranberries in a food processor."
"I made these today hoping to give out to some friends. They were very good, I love the flavor combination of the cranberries and orange zest. However I was not able to give to friends because I could not get them out of the pan. They were not burnt, I tried to loosen them around the edges but I could not get them out in a neat cut like the picture. Next time I may try spritzing the pan with cooking spray or using parchment paper. Any suggestions appreciated"
"My husband liked them so well, he keeps asking me when we will have them again. I will make these again."