- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a bowl, toss the coconut, flour and salt. Stir in milk and extract until blended (mixture will be thick and sticky).
- Drop by level tablespoons 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 18-22 minutes or just until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews forChewy Coconut Macaroons
"What could I replace with almond extract??"
"These were a huge hit at the party we had. They were so easy. Love the sweet coconut flavor! I will be making these again."
"These were a bit hit at this week's family dinner. Everyone likes chocolate so I placed a Hershey's Kiss on top of each macaroon while they were cooling. I use a cookie scoop to drop the mixture onto parchment paper. No messy hands and each cookie is the same size. I used 1 teaspoon rum extract instead of the almond extract."
"These are very easy and everyone's favorite! My family often requests these. My sister will not share these with ANYONE!!!"
"I was so excited to try these but my family didn't like them and requested not to make them again. The texture was unpleasantly chewy, not at all like a typical macaroon. I may try one more time just to see if it was a fluke that they didn't turn out but I was disappointed in this first round."
"Those that aren't sure about almond flavoring. Try vanilla flavoring as substitute. Most people love this flavoring in cookies cakes and pies."
"I'm not a huge fan of coconut...but these are amazing! They are perfectly chewy and not too sweet. Followed the recipe except I used only 1 teaspoon of almond extract and that added just enough flavor. I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and dipped some cookies and drizzled others. These are very pretty cookies that I would be proud to serve to guests."
"These were very good and easy. Mine did run a little in the oven, but nothing that prevented my family from eating all of them!!! Will be making again."
"Just Awesome!! and so easy. I baked my 2nd batch a shorter time and they were better. 1st batch are a little too hard and crunchy. I will make again and again!"