- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
Great tasting and versatile cookie. We like our cookies large, so mine made about 3 1/2 doz. To adjust, I added 1/2 C flour. I chilled the dough for about 1 hour. I used a cookie scoop about size of large walnut. Flatten tops of cookies slightly. Bake for 15 min. and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing. I vary the flavor by adding peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips, or mint chips. All are yummy!
These are great!! Just as they are....
These are very good chocolate cookies; however, if I make it again, I'm going to replace the semi-sweet chocolate chips with white chocolate chips. Also the chocolate chips need to be cut back to about 1 to 1 1/2 cups
The best chocolate cookie recipe I have tried so far. I used 1 cup dark chocolate chips & 1 cup semi-sweet. Rich, chewy & tasty! Took mine a full 10 minutes to bake.
These cookies are really good and have a big chocolate flavor. I did increase the cooking time to 15 minutes and they still are chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. This recipe made me 3 dozen cookies. This is a keeper for my family.