Chewy Good Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. /batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 161 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 23, 2017
cgordo copy and paste the recipes you want to save, I use a new file in my documents just for recipes then I copy and Paste them, easy to do and you save them in your own file on your computer. No need to be upset it's called change be glad they don't charge us for the recipes.
Jul 23, 2017
Which did you change your format? The list of ingredients and directions can't be viewed at the same time. I can no longer print out recipes or send them to my mailbox. Don't care to hand copy them.
Aug 21, 2016
The best soft oatmeal cookie recipe ever! I used butterscotch chips. Delicious!
Feb 9, 2016
My husband enjoys these oatmeal cookies. They are good with raisins or dried cranberries too. I chilled the dough and rolled it into balls
Nov 1, 2015
These were chewy and perfect! I left out the white chocolate chips and added pecans instead of macadamia's. I have made it 4 times already and everybody thinks they are the best oatmeal I have!
Oct 4, 2015
Very good cookie. I used mini choc. chips , will add to my cookie collection
Nov 16, 2014
These were one of the best cookies I've ever made. I used walnuts and raisins no chocolate chips
Apr 20, 2014
Excellent recipe. Loved all the extra add ins but will add them to my traditional oatmeal cookie recipe next time. I find I prefer the texture of cookies made with the old fashioned oatmeal rather than the quick cooking oatmeal.
Mar 21, 2014
Reading the reviews really helped me! I don't care for white chocolate, but I had a bag of dark chocolate chips. I had no dried cherries, but I had some fancy mixed raisins. I had no macadamia nuts, but I had chopped walnuts! The cookies were fantastic!
Mar 20, 2014
My family loves these! I used splenda brown sugar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.