Chewy Good Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. /batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 161 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 20, 2019
Very chewy and soft. Had to use parchment paper to separate them together and keep them from sticking together. I might add a bit more flour next time since mine spread out and were a little thin and see if that helps, but still a great chewy cookie.
Aug 27, 2019
Good cookies. I used dried cranberries and pecans instead of cherries and macadamia nuts. I have made these a couple times now. Very good.
Aug 3, 2019
I made these last night, and used a diced apple and dried cranberries in them. Next time, I think I will skip the white sugar, add a little more brown, and maybe more honey. They are good. I know they're supposed to be chewy, but they seem soggy and hard to store because of that.
Oct 1, 2018
My favorite chewy oatmeal cookie that I have made several times. I usually add raisins or chocolate chips instead of the cherries or nuts.
Jul 23, 2017
cgordo copy and paste the recipes you want to save, I use a new file in my documents just for recipes then I copy and Paste them, easy to do and you save them in your own file on your computer. No need to be upset it's called change be glad they don't charge us for the recipes.
Jul 23, 2017
Which did you change your format? The list of ingredients and directions can't be viewed at the same time. I can no longer print out recipes or send them to my mailbox. Don't care to hand copy them.
Aug 21, 2016
The best soft oatmeal cookie recipe ever! I used butterscotch chips. Delicious!
Feb 9, 2016
My husband enjoys these oatmeal cookies. They are good with raisins or dried cranberries too. I chilled the dough and rolled it into balls
Nov 1, 2015
These were chewy and perfect! I left out the white chocolate chips and added pecans instead of macadamia's. I have made it 4 times already and everybody thinks they are the best oatmeal I have!
Oct 4, 2015
Very good cookie. I used mini choc. chips , will add to my cookie collection