- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pudding mix and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (dough will be stiff).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"I have made these many times and everyone has loved them. I do not make the regular choc. chip cookies any more. They are soft and you cannot eat just one."
"I feel the same way that cherrylady does about recipes without pictures. I usually pass on the ones without photos but this same recipe can be found on allrecipes.com with 9 pictures.http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/detail.aspxEditors: Can you provide more photos?"
"I made these cookies with butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla. I also substituted 1 c. of choc. chips for butterscotch chips. They are soft and delicious!"
"I'm making these cookies yet again for a concert tomorrow. Everyone agrees they are the best ever!"
"These were not a hit with my family. Not a fan of adding the pudding, just tasted strange. Not enough sugar and way to dense."