- 2 large apples (about 1 pound), chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add the celery, cherries, cranberries and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, honey and salt until well blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Waldorf Salad
Sort By :
I made this for Christmas dinner. Used frozen cherries from our cherry tree. Anticipated it to be too sour, but it wasn't. Everyone had seconds. I omitted the celery and nuts.
The price of cherries made me opt for cherry-flavored Craisins and they were excellent. (And I am not much of a raisin fan!) Walnuts and pecans both work well with this recipe.
I served this salad on Christmas with champagne baked ham (also from this site), and it was perfect. I couldn't find the cherries, so we used extra cranberries. The dressing was really good, and I liked the toasted almonds with it. I used red delicious and granny smith apples.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salads >