- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples (about 1 pound), cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- For dressing, whisk together first four ingredients. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add celery, cranberries and almonds; toss with dressing. Gently stir in cherries.
- Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Waldorf Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p9
Reviews for Cherry Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2012
"The price of cherries made me opt for cherry-flavored Craisins and they were excellent. (And I am not much of a raisin fan!) Walnuts and pecans both work well with this recipe."
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010