- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in shortening until fine crumbs form. Stir in 1/2 cup nuts and coconut. Set aside 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, for filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Spread over hot crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Spread pie filling on top. Combine remaining nuts and reserved crumbs; sprinkle over cherries. Bake 15 minutes more. Cool. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Chewbilees
Sort By :
"I absolutely loved these bars....So did the kids so that makes it a win win for me."
"I have had this recipe for some time and it is always a hit each time I make it. Recently made it for my Bible Study class, it was all eaten and three people asked for the recipe. And yes, go with the walnuts. You won't be sorryl. Sooooooo Good!"
"The crust made with chopped walnuts is so so much better than with graham crackers."