Cheesy Spaghetti Bake Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; set aside.
- In two Dutch ovens or stock pots, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. To each pot, add 2 cups of milk, two cans of tomato soup, one can of mushroom soup and 1 cup of cheese. Bring to a boil.
- Spoon over spaghetti (spaghetti will absorb liquid during baking). Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly browned. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Reviews for Cheesy Spaghetti Bake(12)
Sort By :
Very good recipe! Loved the creamy flavor
This dish is great! If you expect it to taste like traditional spaghetti, you will be disappointed. You need to think of it as a hearty casserole. When you make the sauce, it appears to be way too thin - but it does all get absorbed into the pasta, so don't skimp on the milk or it will be too dry. This recipe makes TWO 9x13 pans -- so most people will probably want to only make half. I will mention that I prefer to make it, bake it and then freeze it. When I want it for supper, I thaw it and bake it again. I think freezing it makes it even better!
This dish tasted ok. It was not amazing in the least though. There was not nearly enough pasta so I ended up adding more. It did not really have a spaghetti flavor at all in my opinion. More like creamy tomato pasta. Not at all what I was expecting. All in all, it still tasted good but I've had lots better!
We had this for dinner this week and it was great. The leftovers were great warmed up also.
The kids love it; I've made this for family get-togethers and everyone really enjoys it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >