Cheesy Egg Puffs Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses. Melt remaining butter; add to egg mixture. Stir into dry ingredients along with mushroom mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Carefully run the knife around edge of muffin cups before removing. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesy Egg Puffs
Sort By :
Delicious Recipe!! I made these in mini muffin size, and in a brownie pan, with DOUBLE the mushrooms and some garlic, and everyone RAVED.:0) My husband asked if he could take some extra in to work to share with some coworkers, and he never does that! This is a keeper, and like others said - this recipe is flexible. (But it's GREAT as is!)
I have made these repeatedly over the years, adding crumbled bacon to them. Many times after baking I will freeze them individually and pull out what I need for breakfast and zap them in the microwave to reheat. They are WONDERFUL and great for low carb diets!
I make these ALL of the time, and they are frequently asked for by my friends! I usually substitute the mushroom/green onion mix for other ingredients (like bacon/sausage, or multi colored peppers. you can even make up your own like ham&swiss, or chorizo with some salsa.)
I have also cut down the butter to 1/4c. (in the egg mix) and have used 2% small curd cottage cheese and they are still great! They are very versatile! Also, easy to freeze, and just remove a few and microwave for about 1 minute for a quick breakfast!
I made these for a big family get together and even my sister who hates eggs enjoyed them! I added salt pepper and garlic to the mushroom, and ribboned fresh spinach to add to the egg mix...in addition I sauted green peppers and diced tomatoes for people to put on top. Would have just put them in the eggs to but was feading a crowd with lots of kids! They were awesome and would recomend adding anything you like
This is the best cheese muffin recipe I have ever tried. The only substitution I make is ham instead of mushrooms, but great either way!