- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Spread 2 cups into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread evenly over brownie batter. Top with remaining brownie batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (brownies may appear moist). Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread frosting over brownies. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesecake Brownie Squares
"Made as directed but used 8 oz. cream cheese. When cut many hours later, the brownie part was seriously undercooked. Taste was good. Cheesecake part could use more vanilla. May try again."
"Easy to make and were moist and tender. Made the recipe as directed."
"Hi, is there a "from scratch" way to do the choc frosting and fudge brownie mix to get the result you are sharing? I dont....use instants...."
"awesome! everyone loved these. will make again"
"I made these yesterday and they are excellent! I used 8 ozs. of cream cheese. I added one cup semisweet chocolate chips to the batter, so I didn't frost them. The brownies are 1-1/4" thick, very moist and tender. This recipe is a definite keeper!"
"i loved them. they were gone in minutes at my home. we ate the entire pan in less then 20 minutes"
"These are very good. The are not a thick brownie but a lot of flavor packed in each bite."
"The frosting would have been too much, so I left it off. They were also a little too gooey for me, so I'd bake a little longer next time. Overall, a great recipe, though!"
"Every time I make these brownies, they go quickly. I make vanilla frosting to put on half of them instead of chocolate and leave the others plain."
"Left off the forsting as it was too much and covered the taste of the cheesecake portion. I also used 8 oz cream cheese (1 brick). Thought they tasted even better the next day!"