Cheesecake Brownie Squares
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1. Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Spread 2 cups into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread evenly over brownie batter. Top with remaining brownie batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (brownies may appear moist). Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread frosting over brownies.
1 piece: 202 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 23, 2019These brownies are so good. I followed the recipe except used 8oz cream cheese and added a little more vanilla as others suggested. This recipe is a keeper!
Mar 5, 2019I'd meant to say: I used 8-oz. cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter, 1 package of brownie mix for 13x9x2" size pan! See the rest of my review below! This recipe still ranks as a 5* rating in my opinion!
Feb 21, 2019I made these delicious brownies to take to a pot luck dinner and they were a hit. I followed a couple of tips other reviewers mentioned by adding a little more vanilla to the cheesecake mixture and only using 1 1/2 cups brownie batter in the bottom of the baking dish. Perfect. The frosting was a little messy but so good and chocolately. Everyone loved them. I will be preparing these brownies again.
Jul 20, 2016
Made as directed but used 8 oz. cream cheese. When cut many hours later, the brownie part was seriously undercooked. Taste was good. Cheesecake part could use more vanilla. May try again.
Jun 19, 2016
Easy to make and were moist and tender. Made the recipe as directed.
Dec 31, 1969
Hi, is there a "from scratch" way to do the choc frosting and fudge brownie mix to get the result you are sharing? I dont....use instants....
Apr 16, 2016
awesome! everyone loved these. will make again
Dec 6, 2015
I made these yesterday and they are excellent! I used 8 ozs. of cream cheese. I added one cup semisweet chocolate chips to the batter, so I didn't frost them. The brownies are 1-1/4" thick, very moist and tender. This recipe is a definite keeper!
May 11, 2015
i loved them. they were gone in minutes at my home. we ate the entire pan in less then 20 minutes
Apr 21, 2015
These are very good. The are not a thick brownie but a lot of flavor packed in each bite.