- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. In another bowl, mix marinara sauce and water; spread 3/4 cup sauce onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Fill uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Manicotti in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheese Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review