Cheddar Ham Soup Recipe
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, carrot and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir into undrained potato mixture. Add ham and peas; heat through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Ham Soup(24)
Sort By :
Awesome soup. I made it w/ gluten free all purpose flour and a can of peas. It rocks!
I used our leftover Easter ham to make this tonight. I didn't have 2% milk so I used 1 cup half-and-half and 1 cup fat free milk. It turned out SO well! I loved that it used up a lot of the food left in our fridge and pantry, too. Definitely a keeper.
This is one of the best soups I have ever made! Very yummy!
I'm sure that this is a good recipe. Its just not one of ours. It was a little too cheesey for us.
Our family loves cheese soup! Even though this was the first time I've used this recipe, I doubled it. I did substitute Velveeta for the cheddar and added a few dashes of hot sauce and a little extra salt and pepper. This is gonna be on hit on this cold winter evening!