- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, eggs, milk and yogurt until blended. Stir in corn and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Corn Bread
Sort By :
"I get lots of compliments on this bread whenever I make it. A great accompaniment to my Santa Fe Soup! When I didn't have yogurt I used sour cream and it works great, too - just adds some fat grams. :-)"
"This is an easy and delicious recipe for cornbread ... it goes so well with chili!"
"I wanted to halve the recipe but still use the whole can of creamed corn so I eliminated the milk. I also substituted sour cream for the yogurt, then baked it in 8x8 dish. It turned out so moist and delicious! This went right into my Recipe Box! (I think I'll plan on making corn bread more often!) Thanks for sharing a great recipe!"
"Wonderful flavor, definitely need the entire baking time."
"I only had vanilla Greek style yogurt and used that. It gave it a distinctly vanilla flavor. More like a dessert. Think I will also try a sugar free lime yogurt sometime- just for fun. This has a good texture and the family really liked it. Very easy to make - will be a keeper at our house."