- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chardonnay or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in bread crumbs to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chops 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In same pan, add green onions and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add chardonnay, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice and rosemary. Serve pork chops with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chardonnay Pork Chops
"This recipe is delicious! I did have to cook them longer than the directions stated, though, in order to get them to cook all the way through. But the taste was worth the wait!"
"We have a couple of favorite pork chop recipes and this one will be added to our list! Delicious!"
"Yum and easy ingredients that came together so quickly."
"Just finished eating these pork chops for dinner and I have a happy husband! We both really liked the chardonnay sauce. I used half Chardonnay, half chicken broth to make the full cup called for instead of just one or the other. I think the combination made for an extra tasty sauce. One more thing--the sauce made an excellent and different one to nestle into mashed potatoes--not the same old beef gravy over mashed potatoes thing going on. A keeper--Thanks Joleen!"
"Haven't tried but I'm going to. Are those sweet potatoes on the side?"
"These pork chops were fabulous. The chops were juicy and the chardonnay sauce was to die for. My husband raved about them, never saw him eat two chops before. Thank you so much for the recipe."