I received this recipe from my sister, who got it from a friend in Alaska. This warming drink makes a great Christmas gift. For friends at work, I bought some cute jars with lids. I placed some fabric on top and tied them with ribbon. —Donna Gish, Blue Springs, Missouri
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 1-1/2 cups powdered French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. In a blender, cover and process tea mixture in batches until powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare chai tea: Place 1/4 cup mix in a mug. Add hot milk; stir until combined. Yield: 32 servings (8 cups tea mix).
Originally published as Chai Tea Mix in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p65
Reviews for Chai Tea Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review