Friendship Tea Mix
Arma White combines seven simple ingredients to make a big batch of this hot spiced drink mix. "Placed in a jar and tied with pretty ribbon, this is one of my favorite gifts for neighbors," reports the Golconda, Illinois cook.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 jar (21.1 ounces) orange breakfast drink mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1 package (3 ounces) apricot gelatin
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 50 batches (about 5 cups total).
- To prepare 1 cup of tea: Dissolve 4-1/2 teaspoons tea mix in boiling water; stir well.
Nutrition Facts4-1/2 teaspoon: 75 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Friendship Tea Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 2000