Winter Herb Tea Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes18 servings (9 tablespoons tea mix)
- 6 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon wedge
- In a small airtight container, combine the herbs. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare tea: Place 1-1/2 teaspoons tea mix in a glass measuring cup. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, crush mixture until aromas are released. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain tea into a mug, discarding herbs. Stir in honey; serve with lemon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup hot tea: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 2, 2019
I loved it. The recipe is very good. The blend of dried herbs is amazing. I cut the recipe down into 1 serving so that I could try it first and I used ground sage instead of dried sage leaves. I couldn't find any other dried mint besides the organic McCormick that was 5.98. 6.00 just for a container of dried mint! So, I took some fresh mint from the store and dried it using the microwave! Incredible! I really do love the recipe it's so good.