Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte
Sort By :
Just now tried it and it is yummy! A little too sweet for my taste though. Next time I will cut the sugar in half or even less. Very sweet, but tastes great on our first morning of having to turn on the furnace & chase the chill away! I forgot to say that I. Also used the chai tea bags.
I LOOOVVEEE this recipe!! it tasted like heaven in my mouthe. at first its very confusing to get the hang of. the coffee part i struggled on a little bit but once it was all mixed together i was delirious. With the brown sugar oart i didn't have any so i used white sugar with a little bit of mollassas like 1/4 teaspoon. I also didn't have allspice so i used like 1/6 of a teaspoon instead of 1/4. it tasted the same since it was all boiled away anyway!! So i hope my tips helped!! BTW it's VERY sweet so if you don't like sweet,to make it a little bit more bitter just use less sugar. I also used half and half almost completely full of the 1/4 cup and filled it the rest of the way with vanilla extract because it's all I had for my first time of making this. I added to my recipe box, so anytime i get thirsty for something not only quick, but sweet at the same time!
This drink is great! I did make some changes though... it's a pretty adaptable recipe. I used spiced chai tea (lipton brand) and added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of ginger. I brewed it in a one cup keurig coffee machine. Also, I used one cup of 2% milk with a little half and half, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar all heated together on the stove. The recipe called for 1/4 cup of brown sugar, which is equal to 4 tablespoons... so I just reduced that a little. So, this is what I tried and I think it's delicious!
Fabulous! Better than Starbucks! I didn't have ground ginger, so I omitted it for 1/2 tsp allspice :)
I really enjoyed this, Chai is one of my favorites. I used vanilla extract instead of the creamer and it was fantastic. I personally like my coffeehouse drinks sweet so the brown sugar was just right for me but you may want to reduce it if you don't want it really sweet.