Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte(33)
Sort By :
I made this recipe for my mother-in-law when we were sick and it was amazing! The ginger is perfect for cold season because it opens up sinuses. I used honey rather then brown sugar to make it a bit healthier, I also added vanilla to the milk because I didn't have creamer.
Great recipe. I use a little less brown sugar than recommended and it's still very sweet. I've also been using only 1 tablespoon of creamer.
Question though for anyone that might see this: I'm using chai tea bags as opposed to just regular tea. So I'm also not using those additional spices because of that. Any suggestions on how to make the drink a little stronger spice-wise?
It's really delicious and I'll be making this one a lot. The only issue was that I should have opened the tea bags and put loose tea in because it really wasn't working the other way. I may add a little bit more spices next time, but it's wonderul on it's own. Also, I didn't have vanilla creamer so I used a little extra milk and a dash of vanilla extract.
Very Delicious! I have tried several coffee shops Chai Tea Latte and this is the best. Not watered down. Thank you for this recipe.
I am adding to my comment. If you like them iced...no problem. Stick it in a pitcher in the fridge and cool for like 20 minutes and add ice. Perfect! The person who asked how it made this a latte? Milk! Milk makes it a latte. Has nothing to do with coffee or espresso. Also, if you use skim milk its not going to be as rich or creamy. I use 2% and its perfect for me.