Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chai Tea Latte(40)
Sort By :
Fabulous! Better than Starbucks! I didn't have ground ginger, so I omitted it for 1/2 tsp allspice :)
I really enjoyed this, Chai is one of my favorites. I used vanilla extract instead of the creamer and it was fantastic. I personally like my coffeehouse drinks sweet so the brown sugar was just right for me but you may want to reduce it if you don't want it really sweet.
This tea is wonderful! A tad sweet so I don't pack the brown sugar. I use pure vanilla extract in place of the creamer because that's what I have on hand. Overall, a great recipe!
Great recipe! To @Johnsushi who is looking for suggestions on how to make this recipe stronger spice-wise... use the suggested spices in the recipe that you are currently omitting .
Using my powdered chai tea mix as a reference, I added 1/4 tsp each nutmeg, cloves and cardamom, in addition to the spices called for. I also added almost 1/4 tsp black pepper, as this is a known chai tea ingredient. My husband and I really enjoyed it. Quite similar to the Tazo concentrate that Starbucks uses (which we love). P.S. As one reviewer suggested, I opened the tea bags and poured out the tea. I used 3. Also, I added 2 extra Tbsp milk and about 1 Tbsp vanilla extract instead of the creamer. Yummy!