Honey Spiced Latte
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place ground coffee in the filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to manufacturer's instructions.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, honey, molasses, sugar and spices. Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a blender; cover and process for 15 seconds or until foamy.
- Divide among four mugs; add the coffee. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 134 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2013
My sister and I did not like this as written. Next time, I'm going to use my favorite pumpkin pie spice recipe instead of measuring the spices again (going to use 3/4 teaspoon) and going to reduce the molasses to 1 tablespoon since the flavor was too strong. It was also a bit sweet, so I might reduce the sugar as well. To us, this tasted like gingerbread cookies.
Feb 3, 2012
I would rename this Chai Tea Latte. That is exactly what it tastes like! I love it and it is so good!