Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- CHUNKY FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, allspice and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing form pans to wire racks.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in the coconut, pecans and raisins. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Carrot Cupcakes
Sort By :
I'd prepared this recipe and adjusted the recipe as follows:: I used: 1/2 brown sugar, packed & 1/2 granulated sugar. (1 cup of each type of sugar) For shortening, I'd used 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 tsp. of baking powder and baking soda, 1 tsp. salt. I recall omitting the allspice! I did use 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts for this recipe and used a 350o F. oven. I have a carrot cake recipe which is quite similar to this one, so that is why I'd made the adjustments on this recipe to suit my tastes! I believe I'd prepared the icing for these cupcakes! This recipe IS a great one to use! I believe I'd prepared the icing called for in this recipe! I would definitely use this recipe again if preparing carrot cupcakes! Thank you, Doreen Kelly, for sharing this recipe with Tate of Home! delowenstein
Great recipe! Fairly easy to make, and the results were amazing! I didn't have all spice handy so skipped it. I also reduced the amount of sugar in the frosting. My family loved it :)
made these this morning left out the rasins
there are wonderful thank you so much for this
is there any other kind of frosting?
These are so light and taste amazing!! The icing was chunky and sweet!!