Deciding to start eating healthy, I took a classic carrot and raisin salad recipe and lightened it up, then added apples for extra flavor. I took this dish to a weight-loss group meeting...and they loved it! —Kim Jones of Collinsville, Illinois
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a bowl. Add apples to the juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Apple Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p29
Reviews for Carrot Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review