Carrot Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a bowl. Add apples to the juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Carrot Apple Salad(5)
Sort By :
Refreshing. Great for a potluck item.
Absolutely wonderful! Served this for Christmas dinner.
I make this all the time. My mom found it first in L&T, and passed the recipe to me. Fantastic. Tips: be sure to drain the pineapple well; I use 2/3 cup of other yogurt, such as lemon, orange, etc. in place of the vanilla and plain. Makes it extra special.
Very Tasty. I replaced the mayo with FF Ranch Dressing. I didn't have vanilla yogurt so I used plain yogurt and added vanilla extract and splenda to sweeten it.
This is an excellent salad and not what you would expect. It is one of our favorite recipes!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Salad >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Carrot Salad >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >