These crunchy slices are requested often during the holidays, particularly by my husband. He likes to dunk them in coffee.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cardamom; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in almonds.
- Divide dough into fourths; shape each portion into a ball. On two greased baking sheets, roll each ball into a 15-in. log (two logs per pan). Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut at a 45° angle with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Cardamom Almond Biscotti in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p34
Reviews for Cardamom Almond Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review