- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 whole vanilla wafers
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 25 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Mix crushed wafers and sugar; stir in melted butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange vanilla wafers around sides of pan, rounded sides out, pressing gently into crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
Remove rim from pan. In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans.
Freeze option: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze. To use, thaw in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCaramel Praline-Topped Cheesecake
"my famely like this cheesecake."
"Easy to make and everyone loved it."
"I have made cheesecakes for years and do this one low carb. version. I use sugar free caramel sauce and sugar free melted chocolate, top with pecans. i use sugar free short bread cookies for the crust. Use c & h sugar with steiva or splenda for baking. I leave out the sour cream when I use 1/3 fat cream cheese. Try this version of this one. I love cheese cake and this one is so easy. When baking it put foil all around the pan and put inside another pan with hot water just to edges about 1/2 inch to side. bake same time but I turn off oven and leave it in oven for 20 to 30 minutes. This help it to settle. I always cool down then refrig. for 4 o 6 hours or over night is better. I was making a idea for you out there."
"Simply loved this cheesecake!"
"I forgot to rate this recipe back in May. Have received more rave reviews and asked for the recipe EVERY time I take it to a function or gathering!"
"I made this the first time I saw it in the issue and it is a "must make" request ever since. Beautiful and delicious. Hint: drizzle caramel on top, do not cover, for easier slicing -- especially when cold (caramel hardens when cold). This is a beautiful and delicious recipe!"
"Easy cheesecake recipe. I serve carmel topping on the side. It comes out great every time; never any leftovers."
"A friend at work made this. It was totally awesome!"