- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rice Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk, caramels and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Place Rice Krispies in a shallow bowl. With a toothpick, dip each marshmallow into warm caramel mixture; turn to coat. Press bottoms into Rice Krispies; place treats on prepared pans. Let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Marshmallow Treats
Sort By :
I have made these several times now, co-workers can't get enough! I used a can of Dulce de Leche instead of the sweetened condensed milk and only used a stick and a half of butter. Wrapped each one in wax paper like salt water taffy, worked great. I have put them in the freezer, bring to room temperature before eating. Toppings: Gold Fish crackers in 'brownie' flavor, also in 'french toast' flavor. Put them in a food processor for crumbs. I've also used graham crackers with some coconut thrown in and a few mini chocolate chips. These are especially good roasted over an open flame :) Today I ran out of crumbs to finish off the caramel so I used some 'Great Grains' cereal with oatmeal/raisins and pecans......seriously, you could use anything to dip these in. They're just too much fun and good!
Made a batch of these last week and was very pleased with how they turned out. Family and company really enjoyed them, so much so, there were none left! Will definitely be making these again! I used a full teaspoon of vanilla.
Loved these! They froze well for storage.
I made these last night...omg...love at first taste. I read all the reviews and decided to go out and get the ingredients to put them together-including pretzels to use as handles. One tip..freeze the marshmallows after placing on the pretzel sticks for an hour before dipping. I am glad I ended up buying extra ingredients because a bag of caramels is now only 11oz, a bag of marshmallows has also shrunk. So go ahead and buy 2 bags, you'll have enough to make a bunch more since there is plenty of caramel for dipping. Oh, the caramel...use your good cinnamon, it is delicious...Love these. I am taking them for Xmas day, can't wait to see peoples faces when they get one of these in their mouths. Heaven on a pretzel stick! I will be adding these to my Xmas cookie & candy list every year...yummo! P.s. I would think homemade caramel would work just fine in this recipe & thanks all for the great tips & techniques! Update...Xmas day these were a hit!
Disappointing and soooo sweet.