- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rice Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk, caramels and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Place Rice Krispies in a shallow bowl. With a toothpick, dip each marshmallow into warm caramel mixture; turn to coat. Press bottoms into Rice Krispies; place treats on prepared pans. Let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Marshmallow Treats
"This is a good recipe. It has been around since I was a little girl. My Grandma used to make these and now I do for my kids. The only difference is that she did not add cinnamon."
"Very cute, good & kids love them too!"
"Made these with 4-Hers for a quick no-bake holiday treat but I used 2 LARGE marshmallow bags and still had caramel left over! I also had to chill them to set up. I agree on the cost of ingredients. I will spend $ and time on a caramel cookie recipe next time."
"I tried this because of the good reviews but they were sickening sweet. Did not care for them at all. The recipe is really quite expensive to make when you consider the cost of the caramels, milk and rice krispies. Would not make again."