Caramel Marshmallow Treats Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rice Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk, caramels and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Place Rice Krispies in a shallow bowl. With a toothpick, dip each marshmallow into warm caramel mixture; turn to coat. Press bottoms into Rice Krispies; place treats on prepared pans. Let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Marshmallow Treats(46)
Sort By :
Made a batch of these last week and was very pleased with how they turned out. Family and company really enjoyed them, so much so, there were none left! Will definitely be making these again! I used a full teaspoon of vanilla.
Loved these! They froze well for storage.
I made these last night...omg...love at first taste. I read all the reviews and decided to go out and get the ingredients to put them together-including pretzels to use as handles. One tip..freeze the marshmallows after placing on the pretzel sticks for an hour before dipping. I am glad I ended up buying extra ingredients because a bag of caramels is now only 11oz, a bag of marshmallows has also shrunk. So go ahead and buy 2 bags, you'll have enough to make a bunch more since there is plenty of caramel for dipping. Oh, the caramel...use your good cinnamon, it is delicious...Love these. I am taking them for Xmas day, can't wait to see peoples faces when they get one of these in their mouths. Heaven on a pretzel stick! I will be adding these to my Xmas cookie & candy list every year...yummo! P.s. I would think homemade caramel would work just fine in this recipe & thanks all for the great tips & techniques! Update...Xmas day these were a hit!
Disappointing and soooo sweet.
Have been making these several years now.My kids and grand kids love them! So easy to make and just look Soo good! They normally don't last very long. They are just a mouthful of goodness!