My manager at work, who knows I like to try new treat recipes, shared this one with me. I've made this chewy and chocolaty fudge many times since. Packed with nuts and caramel, it's like a candy bar. Everyone who's tried it loves it. -Lois Freeman, Oxford, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, brown sugar and milk. Microwave on high until mixture boils, about 2 minutes. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Pour into a greased 8-in. square dish.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels and water on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until melted. Stir in peanuts; spread over chocolate layer. Microwave chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds or until melted; spread over caramel layer. Chill until firm. Yield: 2-3/4 pounds.
Originally published as Candy Bar Fudge in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p39
Reviews for Candy Bar Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review