- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables on three double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Top each with sausage, and dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around each mixture; seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 30 minutes. Turn and grill until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes longer. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Bundles
"The whole camp crew loved this recipe. We were used to making a similar recipe with hamburgers, but the sausage and cabbage were nice changes. Also added mnced garlic. Love these because everyone can create their own meal just as they wish. SO TASTY!"
"Enjoyed this meal. Easy to make and delicious. Liked that I can customize each packet. My husband prefers chicken over sausage so I used a chicken breast in his packet. I sprinkled on a bit of paprika and some minced garlic. Following a previous review I put it in the oven, since we have no grill."
"Made these last week, in the oven rather than on the grill. I had to leave the cabbage and tomatoes out of husband's packet because those will kill him (rolls eyes). I added a bit of garlic powder. They're great!"
"This recipe is Awesome!! The entire family loves it when we make it!"
"My daughter and I make these packets on the grill quite regularly. We do it with marinated chicken breasts or kielbasa. Easy to make, easy to clean up. Great any time!!! Even in the winter!!"