I created this recipe on a family camping trip. I'd brought along a hodgepodge of ingredients, so I just threw them all together in a foil packet. Everyone said that the bundles were delicious. Ever since, I've grilled them at home with equally good results. —Lauri Krause, Jackson, Nebraska
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the vegetables on three pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Top with sausage; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes. Turn and grill 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Bundles in Country Woman July/August 1997, p33
Reviews for Campfire Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review