- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the vegetables on three pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Top with sausage; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes. Turn and grill 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Campfire Bundles
Sort By :
"The whole camp crew loved this recipe. We were used to making a similar recipe with hamburgers, but the sausage and cabbage were nice changes. Also added mnced garlic. Love these because everyone can create their own meal just as they wish. SO TASTY!"
"Enjoyed this meal. Easy to make and delicious. Liked that I can customize each packet. My husband prefers chicken over sausage so I used a chicken breast in his packet. I sprinkled on a bit of paprika and some minced garlic. Following a previous review I put it in the oven, since we have no grill."
"Made these last week, in the oven rather than on the grill. I had to leave the cabbage and tomatoes out of husband's packet because those will kill him (rolls eyes). I added a bit of garlic powder. They're great!"
"This recipe is Awesome!! The entire family loves it when we make it!"
"My daughter and I make these packets on the grill quite regularly. We do it with marinated chicken breasts or kielbasa. Easy to make, easy to clean up. Great any time!!! Even in the winter!!"