- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 to 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Combine the orange juice, peel and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with juice mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold in to creamed mixture.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as California Orange Muffins in Country Extra July 2001, p51
Reviews for California Orange Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2013
"We added dried Cranberries and they were fantastic!"
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2010
"these muffins are delicious, my 5 yr. old granddaughter ate 3,and I could have eaten the rest. but calories do show up.Thank you for sharing this recipe."