- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Dash seasoned salt
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as California Green Salad in Country Woman March/April 2004, p23
Reviews for California Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2013
Add Chicken cubes.
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2012
Just lose the onions! Every recipe does not need onions.
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2009
Just wondered if you could leave out the blue cheese or substitute something else.