You can toss together Mrs. William Ellermeyer's salad in just a few minutes. "It truly represents my state, since avocados and almonds are grown in such abundance here," she notes from Walnut Creek, California.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Dash seasoned salt
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as California Green Salad in Country Woman March/April 2004, p23
Reviews for California Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review