- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound), halved
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine milk and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning; add chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, lemon-pepper, garlic salt and remaining Cajun seasoning. Drain chicken and discard milk mixture. Place chicken in flour mixture and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry chicken for 7-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Country Fried Chicken in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p47
Reviews for Cajun Country Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2015
"i make this with boneless skinless chicken thighs and it's incredible! A hint of spice without being overpowering, but super tasty."