I've perfected my own Cajun seasoning made from 11 herbs and spices. But in this recipe, a store-bought variety works just as well.—Dave Fisher, Ten Mile, Tennessee
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound), halved
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine milk and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning; add chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, lemon-pepper, garlic salt and remaining Cajun seasoning. Drain chicken and discard milk mixture. Place chicken in flour mixture and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry chicken for 7-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Country Fried Chicken in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p47
Reviews for Cajun Country Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2015
"i make this with boneless skinless chicken thighs and it's incredible! A hint of spice without being overpowering, but super tasty."