- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, wine, butter and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper; bring to a boil. Add brussels sprouts. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and remaining pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Buttery Brussels Sprouts
Sort By :
I made it with just the chicken broth. Before my children tried it, they asked for cheese or bacon, or something else to go on top. After they tried it (as is) they were fighting over the Brussels Sprouts! Very easy to prepare, quick and easy side dish.
My family & I liked this side dish. I didn't have white wine, so I only used chicken broth, along with the other ingredients. I plan to try again sometime, with the white wine. I'm happy to have this easy, tasty recipe. Brussel Sprouts are so good for us.
Easy and delicious! My husband loves this recipe. I don't really like brussel sprouts and I thought they were good!
More Recipe Collections
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >