Bruschetta Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with pepperoni, sausage and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, sliced basil, oil, garlic, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon over pizza. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Yield: 8 slices.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bruschetta Pizza(16)
Sort By :
Very quick and easy to make. My whole family loved it... even my 3 year old.
We have made this since it was first published in TOH 2010!! LOVE IT!! We use grilled chicken breast tossed with Buffalo wing sauce instead of sausage sometimes! Great for football parties!
This might be one of THE BEST pizza recipes my husband and I have ever tasted. For convenience, I use a can of drained "Italian Style" diced tomatoes...the topping is sooo good.
this pizza is delicious!! a super way to use basil from my garden!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >