We enjoy serving this tasty chicken to company as well as family. It looks like we fussed, but it's really fast. — Carolin Cattoi-Demkiw, Lethbridge, Alberta
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place flour and egg substitute in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in egg substitute; place in a greased 13-in.x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss tomatoes with the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken; bake 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bruschetta Chicken in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p29
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review