Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place flour and egg substitute in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in egg substitute; place in a greased 13-in.x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss tomatoes with the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken; bake 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta Chicken(90)
Sort By :
So delicious! Next time I will drizzle some balsamic vinaigrette over the top right before serving to make it even more like bruschetta. My very picky 3 year old even ate the chicken without the tomatoes! I will absolutely make this again!
I didn't have fresh tomatoes I substituted Italian seasoned diced and ti was really good!
This is good. Son wasn't thrilled with it, but that's cause he doesn't like tomatoes.
Quick and easy to fix, and the whole family loved it!
This recipe is fantastic by itself, I have played around with it a little bit and I like adding swiss-american cheese before adding the tomatoes, it melts so well and gives a creamy texture to the dish!! swiss-american cheese can be found at any local grocery store its comes in sandwich squares. another idea is rather then chicken you can to fish, my family likes grouper, rather then coat the whole fish I season it and mix Italian bread crumbs with melted butter and put that mixture only on top of the fish and add the swiss chesse and diced tomatoes from a can that I drain very well, cook it for 8 minutes or so or until it flakes and it turns out fantastic
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >