- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place flour and egg substitute in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in egg substitute; place in a greased 13-in.x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss tomatoes with the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken; bake 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta Chicken
Sort By :
"Made this Tonight, it was really easy and So Delicious!! Gonna have to Double up next time... Everybody Wanted Seconds. Yes a Wonder tomato topping."
"This was a really easy recipe with tons of yum! I added some garlic powder to the flour to ramp up the flavor. The tomato mixture was delicious!"
"My husband and I both loved this, I wouldn't say it's a simple recipe but it is very tasty and uses up tomatoes from the garden it a wonderful way. I did't have fresh basil so substituted 1 tablespoon of dried, very yummy"
"This ones a keeper. I got a lot of praise from the family. Used bruchetta from traders Joe's. Really good"
"I used a whole egg since I did not have egg substitute. My kids did hnot like the tomato mixture, but my husband and I enjoyed it all! Would like adding balsamic to it next time as another reviewer suggested."