- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place flour and egg substitute in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in egg substitute; place in a greased 13-in.x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss tomatoes with the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken; bake 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta Chicken
"Very good recipe. Didn't call for anything out of the ordinary. Pretty simple dish to make."
"Excellent and especially good in summer with tomatoes and basil fresh from garden. Fairly quick to make as well. Have made it often. Of course I tweaked the recipe a little to suit my own taste, but know we all do that. Doesn't change the basic recipe which is excellent."
"Delicious and flavorful"
"This was very good. I tweaked it a little in that I tossed the chicken first in the flour, then in the egg mixture, then tossed it in the bread crumb mixture coating the entire piece of chicken instead of just sprinkling the bread crumbs on top. Then I drizzled melted butter over the top of all the chicken. Will definitely make this again!! Thank you."
"This has become one of our families favorite meals. And everyone I have given the recipe to have said it has become one of their favorite ones to make also."
"I have made this recipe many times and my family and friends love it. Lots of flavor. I usually use beaten eggs instead of egg beaters."
"Very tasty! My husband loved it! Easy to make to"
"Made this recipe last evening for dinner. It was delicious! The tomato mixture was delicious. Will definitely make again!"
"So good!! It will be a "do over" in our house. Tastes like restaurant quality!!!"