Brownie Mallow Bars Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Pour into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes. Top with marshmallows; bake 3 minutes longer (marshmallows will not be completely melted). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal; spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm before cutting. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brownie Mallow Bars
Sort By :
Takes a little time but so worth it. My family devoured in short order!
Add to the Marshmallow about 1/2 tsp coconut flavoring and about 1/2 Cup flaked coconut, and you have a Mounds bar.
Lots of calories but oh so worth it the kids now want it for there birthday treat
The marshmallow layer was gunky and did not stick well to the brownie layer BUT my 14 yr old nephew LOVED them. I'm making them again for his birthday.
These are absolutely amazing and an instant hit with the entire crew! We even tried them a 2nd time mixing crushed graham crackers in the with crispies for an even more s'mores-like taste. Yummo!