"My husband and I first tasted this colorful combination while visiting my sister in Grants Pass, Oregon," notes Maxine Driver of Littleton, Colorado. "We enjoyed it so much that now I often make it for family and friends."
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large skillet or wok, combine the water, soy sauce and oil. Add the zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms and onion; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the rice, tomato and carrot; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brown Rice Veggie Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p15
Reviews for Brown Rice Veggie Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review