Surprise your family tonight with this unique pork chop dinner. You won't believe how much flavor you get from just 6 ingredients. Store leftover sauce in the refrigerator for several days. Serve it with baked or grilled chicken.
- 3 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 boneless butterflied pork chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a blender, combine the mangoes and broth; cover and process until smooth. In a small saucepan, combine the mango puree, preserves and coriander. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. Broil chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with mango sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Pork Chops with Mango Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p29
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Broiled Pork Chops with Mango Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review